Specialized healthcare for special patients
Spark Pediatrics is Florida’s largest provider of prescribed pediatric extended care (PPEC). Our highly skilled and rigorously screened staff members provide medical daycare and pediatric physical, occupational, and speech therapies for children facing complex medical challenges. West Palm Beach PPEC care teams are guided by a medical director and a director of nursing and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and certified nursing assistants (CNAs). All therapists who provide physical, speech, and occupational therapies are certified and have extensive pediatric experience.
1720 S Congress Ave
Palm Springs, FL 33461
For more information: (561) 245-0977
To contact the center: (561) 227-2052
Hours: Monday to Saturday, 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Our medical daycare and therapy services feature:
Care you can trust
- Medical director oversight
- Director of nursing overseeing highly qualified pediatric medical professionals
- Compassionate skilled nursing care
- Continuity of care with primary care physician
- Special needs care for newborns to up to 21 years of age
- Supports reduction in re-hospitalizations and ER visits
Care that nurtures
- Safe, fun, and stimulating environment
- Stimulating activities promote physical and social development
- Services up to 12 hours per day
- Open Saturdays
Care that is comprehensive
- Onsite therapy: physical, occupational, and speech
- Nutritional support
- Transportation for qualified Medicaid children
- Family/caregiver support
- Educational seminars focused on managing special needs
Armando Gonzales, MD, Medical Director
Dr. Armando Gonzales is an established and highly skilled physician with over 25 years of experience in pediatrics.
Dr Gonzales is well regarded in the Palm Beach and Broward communities. He received his medical degree from the Higher Institute of Medical Sciences, Villa Clara, Cuba and completed his residency training at Memorial Health University Medical Center, Department of Pediatric Education, Mercer University School of Medicine, Savannah Campus, Georgia.
Dr. Gonzales provides quality medical oversight to the Spark Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center in Palm Beach and in Broward County. He has a particular interest in the care of medically complex children and adolescents. His practice is located in Palm Beach, and he has hospital affiliations with Palm Beach Children’s Hospital and St. Mary’s Medical Center.
When not making rounds at the hospital or seeing patients in his practice, Dr. Gonzales enjoys reading, photography, travel, tennis, swimming, running, and spending time with his family.