Specialized healthcare for special patients
Spark Pediatrics is Florida’s largest provider of prescribed pediatric extended care (PPEC). Our highly skilled and rigorously screened staff members provide medical daycare and pediatric physical, occupational, and speech therapies for children facing complex medical challenges. Stuart PPEC care teams are guided by a medical director and a director of nursing and include registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and certified nursing assistants (CNAs). All therapists who provide physical, speech, and occupational therapies are certified and have extensive pediatric experience.
1788 SE Indian St
Stuart, FL 34997
For more information: (954) 918-3251
To contact the center: (772) 247-1888
Hours: Monday to Friday, 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Our medical daycare and therapy services feature:
Care you can trust
- Medical director oversight
- Director of nursing overseeing highly qualified pediatric medical professionals
- Compassionate skilled nursing care
- Continuity of care with primary care physician
- Special needs care for newborns to up to 21 years of age
- Supports reduction in re-hospitalizations and ER visits
Care that nurtures
- Safe, fun, and stimulating environment
- Stimulating activities promote physical and social development
- Services up to 12 hours per day
Care that is comprehensive
- Onsite therapy: physical, occupational, and speech
- Nutritional support
- Transportation for qualified Medicaid children
- Family/caregiver support
- Educational seminars focused on managing special needs
Mercedes Gadea Lopez, MD, FAAP, Medical Director
Dr. Gadea Lopez was born in the small town of Ocotal in Nicaragua and was raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. She graduated from the University of British Columbia and received her bachelor of science degree with a major in biology. She graduated from the American University of the Caribbean, School of Medicine and completed all of her clinical rotations in New York before receiving her doctor of medicine degree in 2008. She completed her residency in general pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital of Illinois, Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois and then completed a year as a pediatric chief resident before moving to South Florida in 2013.
Dr. Gadea Lopez is an active member and fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Medical Association (AMA), and the Florida Medical Association (FMA). She is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and is currently licensed to practice medicine in the states of Illinois and Florida.
Dr. Gadea Lopez is currently practicing in Palm Beach at an established pediatric center (Soma Medical Center, P.A.) recognized for its quality in health care and dedication to their patients.